IMMICATHERINEHEADER

home
about me twitter facebook tumblr

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A shout-out (If I were a poet, it would be "an ode")

To the best person in my life.

The one who I've been able to speak to about almost anything (because there are always some things I'll keep to myself), and the one who just hugs me when I feel low.

The most consistent, the most open, the most supportive and the most encouraging, even though she's busier than I can ever fully grasp.

I don't think - I know that if she had not been around these last two decades I would not be the person I am, and I would not still be standing. There, that's the answer to the question I've been asking myself today.

Thanks, Mom. For all my words, for all my writing, that's all I think I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment