IMMICATHERINEHEADER

home
about me twitter facebook tumblr

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

And today is the day this blog goes French.

Well, at least a little bit.

And I'll probably blog in English on the whole, so please don't fear. I'd frighten an awful lot of people away if I declared that this will be a French-only zone from now on.


But hopefully soon I can adjust my header, the flag will reattach itself to the White House and somehow I'll recognise France up there as well. At least the French flag isn't too hard to draw.


Why? Well if you weren't already aware then I suppose I'd better enlighten you...


I'm moving to France. For a year. Yes, it scares me more every time I mention it.  


The small town which expects my arrival in late September is one about forty minutes to an hour from Rouen, named Bolbec. Its population is around about 17,000, which is a far cry from anything I'm used to (my hometown of Wolverhampton being a city of 240,000 souls and Exeter one of 120,000) and they're entrusting me to assist in teaching my native language to a whole host of French teenagers at two separate secondary schools. And France is paying me for it.


I hope that this fact will lead me to have a plethora of interesting topics to share with you, but the honest likelihood is that I'll just share all my fears with you instead. But who am I to deny that this perhaps this holds great appeal. Whatever the case, it's fair to say that moving to Exeter will feel like very little in comparison to moving to France...

No comments:

Post a Comment